The only way to make money online is to control some traffic and monetized. This applies to any form of online business regardless of the business model or the market it targets. In this post I’ll explain a simple plan to make money online. It’s not for everyone, but if I were to start allover this is what I would do. If this plan works for me, it will certainly work with some others, and you might be one of them.
The idea is to invest on your passions, talents, experience, education, skills … whatever you are good at. No matter what it is, there are certainly some other people in the world who are interested in the same topic and have access to the Internet. The reason I am stressing on your own passion first before any keyword or market research is that I want you to start with something you can write about, and write a lot.
As I said above, the only way to make money online is to control the traffic. See what Google is doing? They buy anything they think will bring them more traffic, like youtube and admob. Then they’ll worry about how to monetize it.
So .. your job is to control some traffic related to the topic that you have chosen. And this is how to do it:
Go to Google keyword tool and search about keywords related to the broadest term about your niche. Here is the link to Google Keyword tool (See “how to promote just any product” post for how to use it):
Find some keywords with high enough monthly search volume to deserve your efforts and search Google for these keywords. Shortlist your keywords based on the number of competing web pages.
Now you have some keywords to build a small website around. If you already have a hosting account, go to name cheap and buy a domain name that includes any of your keywords, and change the nameserver settings to be hosted by your hosting account. If not and you’ll need a hosting, go to hostgotor and buy a baby package with a 25% discount if you use the coupon at the top of this page.
With hostgator you can build a wordpress blog like this one with a few mouse clicks. If you have a 1and1 hosting like mine then you’ll need to go to wordpress.org and download the latest version, unzip it on your computer, go to your 1and1 account and create a new database for it, then change the wp-config-sample.php with the new database information and change the name to wp-config.php. Upload everything to your server using an FTP like filezilla, then visit your website and you’ll be asked to create a blog by entering the name of the blog and your user name. It will create a password for you to log in that you can change from inside.
If you can’t buy a hosting now you can start with a free Google blog (blogger.com). But this is a temporary solution because Google is deleting any blog that smells promotional. And there is no way to get it back. Once you start making money go to hostgator and buy your own hosting that no body can take from you.
Now it’s time to write: Write at least one page, or blog post, about each of the keywords in your list. Keep it within 500 words. Post them, then write a shorter version of each article and submit it to article directories like ezinearticles.com and goarticles.com with a link pointing to your website.
Your articles will take some time before publishing. Now you have to do two things before they go live:
1. Send an email to your personal contacts (friends and family) and ask them to visit your blog and give you a feed back.
2. Submit your RSS feed link to RSS directories like feedest.com (a bit slow these days).
The reason you need to do the above two steps before your articles go live is that you want search engines to index your website and detect some traffic before they can detect any links to your website. This is how it should go naturally.
From that point on, give your website 30-60 minutes a day to write a new post and a smaller version to submit to article directories. This is how you’ll grow your website and the free traffic machine.
That’s it, your done establishing your money machine. Now you might be asking, where is the money?
First of all, you’ll need to leave it un-monetized for a couple of weeks. After you start seeing traffic (use statcounter.com, it’s free and can tell you who came from where and did what on your site) it’s time to apply for Google adsense. Once approved grab your code and post it on your blog.
Blogger.com includes a built in adsense application process. Just click some links in the “monetize” tab. This is the fastest way to get approved for adsense. But your own website is also fine and I got approved in 24 hours. Just make sure your website content are unique (not copied).
This is going to be your main source of income. To maximize your earnings keep using Google keyword tool and find more expensive words to write about and include in your posts. Every time you post on your blog make a smaller version and post it to article directories.
If you want to add some more streams of income on the same site you can recommend products from an affiliate network like clickbank, Google affiliate network, Amazon, or any CPA network. Just make sure what you are recommending provides value to your readers.
Later on, you can start building a list by giving your visitors a gift (an ebook you wrote or have the give-away rights to) and send them emails every time you have a new post, and if you find a product that you can recommend to your readers with confidence and gives you commission all what you need to do is to write to your list about it.
How does that sound? Please leave your comments and/or questions below.
you are professional.
Excellent Info. Tweeted about it. I’ll bookmark this post too.
I am a blogger. I need more help to earn enough by blogging.
I’ll try to help with your blog as an example Fowajul. Here is what I would do:
1. You have an adsense block on top of everything. I would remove that and stick with the default option of Google, and replace that ad block at the top with a 728×90 leader board block. I would also change the side bar position from right to left. This is about adsense.
2. As an affiliate, apply for Amazon associate program. If you already have one you can add widgets within each post. I would stick with Amazon because it’s the only affiliate network that Google doesn’t have a huge problem with. Since your blog is hosted by Google you’ll have to play with Google’s rules. You can also use clickbank products that talk about your post subject.
3. Traffic: Every day take one post from your blog, rewrite it several times and publish it on Squidoo.com, hubpages.com, and ezinearticles.com. On Squidoo and hubpages you can link to the corresponding post on your blog from anywhere, preferably in the first paragraph. On Ezinearticles you can only link to your page from the resource box. If you need help with squidoo click here, and if you need help with hubpages click here.
4. More Traffic: Social media, like twitter and facebook. Actually instead of writing everything here again you can go to my other free traffic blog and read all about it yourself, but for now add the “share” buttons under the posts. Your blog subject is a social one, so social media might work well for you. Also from now on tweet and post on your facebook wall about each post you add to your blog.
5. Build a list. I don’t have any experience with celebrity audience, but try to provide something that’s worth giving you their emails to receive it. You can get a lead capture from from grabthatlead.com and post it at the end of each post and on the side bar. Every time you have a new post let them know by email.
I hope this helps. Please stick around for the rest of the series and you’ll get enough information to build a decent source of income from free blogging services. If you have any more specific questions please don’t hesitate to ask. If I know the answer I’ll post it, if not I’ll get it for you from my friends.
i want to do something like this site to earn money for myself and let the others too to earn.its great.
Comments are closed.