Another free blogging service, which is easy to rank in search engines if you do it right, is Google’s own blogger.com. The reason it’s easy to rank is that Google gives blogger.com so much authority (I don’t really know why) that I’ve seen some blogger blogs ranking in the top 5 with less than 60 inbound links as compared to thousands required by the rest of the top 10 websites for the same keyword.
Setting up a blogger blog is easy, and here is how to do it:
- First of all you need a Google account. Even if you already have one, get yourself a new one dedicated to this purpose.
- The next step is to go to blogger.com and log in with your new credentials.
- Follow the steps outlined in the following video. You can change everything later if you are not happy with them, but try to get your target long-tail keyword in the url and the title.
- Manage your blog using draft.blogger.com. This way you’ll have better options in designing your blog.
- Click on the “settings” tab and write a description for your blog that includes your long tail url and at the same sounds like a call to action. Example: “Muscles 101 is dedicated to educate young men on how to build strong and spectacular muscles”. Keep it within 160 characters. Don’t change anything else and save your settings.
- Start blogging about your subject. Don’t include any affiliate links yet, not until your blog is indexed and you build some link juice.
In the following posts I’ll show you how to get your blog indexed quickly and how to build inbound links to your blog.
As usual I want to remind you of two things:
1. Free blogs, specially blogger, are not the best option. If you can afford your own domain and hosting do it and don’t leave a ton of money on the table to blogger.com. Besides blogger.com deletes blogs randomly as a spam counteract, and if your blog’s main purpose is affiliate marketing there is no way you can get it again, I assure you.
2. If you want to help keep this series going in the right direction please leave your comments below and share this post with your friends who might be interested. Your and your friends comments will help decide how this series will flow.